For those born in July you have a beautiful ruby for your birthstone, here are 6 facts about your st
1. The most valuable ruby is the Sunrise Ruby, which is the most expensive gemstone other than a diamond.
2. Most rubies are found overseas, however a few have been found in North & South Carolina, Montana and Wyoming.
3. The largest mined ruby in the world is the Liberty Bell Ruby which was found in East Africa in the 1950’s. It weighs 4 pounds and is 8 ½ thousand carats. After the Liberty Bell was sculpted into the ruby, 50 diamonds were set into it, valuing the gemstone at 2 million dollars. However in November of 2011 it was stolen, it has yet to be found.
4. In Asian countries rubies were laid beneath the foundation of buildings to secure good fortune to the structure.
5. In ancient folklore, the people of India believed rubies would help them be at peace with their enemies.
6. Rubies symbolize power and protection, worn as a talisman rubies were believed to help protect warriors in battle.